PLEASE NOTE: The next shipment will be the end of February. We manufacture limited quantities in batches. Order Now to get in line.
Our popular Angle Of Attack sensor and companion Radiant display gauge is back in production!
The Radiant Angle of Attack Sensor & Display System includes vane, sensor, LCD RADIANT color Display, and aural alert output, which sounds when angle is in the red.
The actual angle of attack is shown in continuous digital format as well. This is a differential angle from the base (cruise) setting. The bar graph and the numerical value fall rapidly as the elevator is shoved forward.
All instruments are designed for a standard 2.25” cutout, and use approximately 100 milliamps of power from a supply of 11 to 14 volts. All instruments are dimmable.
- Provides immediate feedback on Angle of Attack using weathervane probe. May be used to display Angle of Attack on experimental, ultralight, and LSA aircraft with manufacturer approval.
- Displays Angle of Attack simultaneously in color coded bar graph form and in digital (degrees of attack angle.)
- Loud aural alarm is included.
- Harness is completely pre-wired! With 15 feet of cable.
- Display weighs 1.6 ounces (50 grams)
- Wind vane sensor mounts on 3/8” tube in leading edge (or flush mount version available.) Approximate length of 12”. Tail of weathervane should be at least six inches ahead of leading edge.
- For flush mounting, remove the tube and unscrew the tube mounting base from the sensor.
- For use in mounting to lift struts, use a much longer 3/8” tube (not supplied).
- FCC Part 15: Compliant by exemption, section 15.103(a).
- For other directives: FOR USE IN AIRCRAFT AND VEHICLES ONLY. TSO/PMA: None. Experimental status and use only.
- Requires 11 to 15 volts < 100ma @ full screen brightness.
- Screen is non-polarized color LCD display TFT Active Matrix with resolution of 240 x 320 pixels across a 2.4” display. Some corner and side areas of the display are not visible due to enclosure requirements.
- Unit operating temperature between -20 and +60C, including LCD screen.
- Unit dimensions are 2.35” square with a thickness of 0.75”, not including connector height.
- Screen display mode is transmissive, normally deep black. This means that in the absence of backlighting, you will not be able to read the screen.
- Screen contrast ratio is minimum of 640.
- Screen luminance is minimum of 450 cd/M2 at full brightness. Screen viewing angle is up to 80 degrees.
- Tactile switch input is provided for calibration.